- Heat 1 tsp oild and stir fry the vegetables with some salt and keep aside. This should not take more than a few minutes as they would have been chopped fine.
- Next heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Add the mustard seeds, once the mustard sputters add the onion and fry for a minute or two.
- Next add the curry paste and saute till the raw smell of ginger garlic is no longer there. This should take a few minutes.
- Add the rice and stir for a minute.
- Add the water, close the lid of the pressure cooker and let it give out one whistle.
- Take the cooker off the flame and let it cool down. Open the lid and add the vegetables, mix well.
- Serve with a cucumber, tomato, onion raita.
I loved the spicy taste which got perfectly balanced with the raita. However if making it for young children I would recommend you skip the green chillies.
There are two new interesting dishes that I have made today. Yes, happy to be on an overdrive. Hope to blog about them soon. Writing about them makes cooking a lot more fun. And making everyday dishes blogworthy is even more fun, you invariably try harder.
Till then, Bon Apetit and Happy Cooking!